Howrah: A woman, who was among those taken ill in the toxic gas leakage from a factory at Howrah’s Ghusuri on 5 February, has died today.
Shanu Pandey (58) breathed her last at the Calcutta Medical College and Hospital today dawn. This is the first case of death in the gas leak incident that had left nearly a hundred people ill. [READ: Over 100 taken ill in highly toxic gas leakage from Howrah factory]
Pandey used to live in the vicinity of Sandeep Industries, the scrap iron factory at Ghusuri where the leakage had taken place. She was first admitted to Howrah’s Jaiswal Hospital and was later relocated to Calcutta Medical College after her condition deteriorated.